An experienced solicitor in numerous sectors of law, Ben Hoffman joined the Equilaw team in June 2015.
Ben was admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia in 2006 having completed his undergraduate studies at the University of New England, Armidale. He also completed postgraduate studies at the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane and College of Law in Sydney.
Since graduation, Ben has practised exclusively in regional New South Wales in towns including Moree and Armidale, and Muswellbrook since 2011. He says the best result as a lawyer is closing a file knowing he has obtained the best possible result for his client, particularly in Family Law owing to its raw and emotional nature.
Ben has extensive advocacy experience in many Australian Courts having appeared before the:
- New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal in Tenancy and Civil Litigation,
- Local Court in Traffic, Civil Litigation, Family Law, Criminal Law, ADVO Applications and Care Law,
- District Court in Traffic, Criminal Law, Civil Litigation and Care Law,
- Supreme Court in Civil Litigation, Estate disputes and Criminal Law,
- Federal Circuit Court in Family Law matters regarding children and property disputes,
- Family Court in Family Law matters concerning children and property disputes.
Ben can assist you with:
- Family law matters;
- All Court advocacy;
- Drafting Wills, testamentary trusts and family trust deeds;
- Contract disputes and related civil litigation.
While Ben is well known through the Upper Hunter for his advocacy in the local courts at Muswellbrook, Scone, Singleton and Cessnock, he has also made a marked contribution to the community for his involvement with the Drugs and Alcohol Services Inc, as a former player with the Muswellbrook Heelers Rugby Union team, winning more than 20 National Titles with the Maitland Tug of War Club and representing Australia at the 2016 Tug of War World Championships in Sweden.